The Programme Manager - Child Protection in Emergencies and Humanitarian Capacity Strengthening will be responsible for the further development and sustainability of the Child Protection in Emergencies Professional Development Programme (CPiE PDP) and give advisory and delivery support to the broader Humanitarian Capacity Building portfolio of specialist humanitarian programmes.
The aim of the CPiE PDP is to raise national & regional CPiE response capacity. Using the results of a regional CPiE Capacity Gap Analysis, the CPiE Mapping & Market Analysis data and the successes and lessons learned from other regions, the pilot iteration (in English language) was successfully delivered in the MEEE region in 2019.
Key CPiE PDP activities for this role in 2020 will include:
- Working with other SCI stakeholders to identify an appropriate sustainable business model for the programme in the region.
- Further adapting existing content to the MEEE context.
- Recruiting a regional facilitation team.
- The rollout of the programme in Arabic (with explicit linkages to the global CPiE PDP capacity building portfolio as well as any relevant regional initiatives).
- Support a learning agenda for the MEEE program, to ensure regional experience is informing global thinking and practice.
Alongside the CPiE PDP, the role holder will be required to applying their specialist/technical knowledge by diagnosing, designing, delivering and evaluating other humanitarian learning and development activities both ad hoc and exiting programmes in the broader Humanitarian Capacity Building portfolio. They will work with technical and Capacity Building colleagues in the region, in the UK and globally, providing capacity strengthening support, advice and guidance.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Excellent training and facilitation skills that come from a deep understanding of adult learning methodologies.
- Extensive experience of designing and delivering trainings and workshops to mixed ability and mixed language groups.
- Proven experience in the management & evaluation of learning and development programmes.
- Experienced in providing advice on the conception, design, development and evaluation of learning and development solutions.
- Excellent project management experience with proven experience of managing complex cross-organisational projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Budgeting, financial management skills gained through demonstrated budget-holding responsibilities.
- A sound understanding of the Humanitarian sector preferably with experience of working in a humanitarian context or in emergency response, in particular working with child protection in emergencies.
- Experience in working remotely and in building strong collaborative relationships and productive working partnerships.
- Excellent writing, communications and networking skills in English and Arabic.
- Office and Excel computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to bring out the best in people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The role’s contract length is one year and please note that this is a National Position.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday.
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that.
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply: