1. Purpose of the Unaccompanied and Separated Children Task Force
To enhance the protection of unaccompanied and separated children in situations of conflict and natural disaster, through strengthening and harmonising case management of UASC. The UASC TF provides technical material and support to guide policy development and programming in addressing all cases of family separation.
2. Key Priorities
- Ensure that technical standards and tools for UASC programming reflect the latest evidence and feedback from all relevant actors, including other sectors and local partners.
- Increase the ability of actors at all levels and contexts, particularly local actors, to access existing technical tools and knowledge on UASC in humanitarian contexts.
- Facilitate the coordination, participation and contributions of all UASC WG members as well as efficient collaboration between other groups and entities internal and external to The Alliance.
- Provide timely responses to all questions and issues addressed to the UASC WG.
3. Key Tools and Resources
- Field Handbook on Unaccompanied and Separated Children
- Toolkit on Unaccompanied and Separated Children
- Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASC) Webinar
- Links to external sources
4. Task Force Organisation Members
- International Rescue Committee
- Save the Children
- Terre des hommes
- World Vision International
5. Contact Details
- Nadia Akmoun: firstname.lastname@example.org