The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (the Alliance) and the Interagency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE), in partnership with Elevate Children Funders Group and International Education Funders Group are co-holding a joint meeting in Nairobi, Kenya on October 15-16, 2018. This Meeting, building on a similar meeting in 2013, is a forum where practitioners, researchers, donors and policy makers from both the Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPHA) and Education in Emergencies (EiE) sectors can gather to share ideas, learn from each other and be kept abreast of new developments in both sectors. This will be followed by the Alliance’s annual meeting and INEE’s biannual meeting.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- To articulate the advantages of systematic collaboration across child protection and education in humanitarian settings;
- To review/discuss innovative examples of collaboration across child protection and education humanitarian settings;
- To elaborate on what we know and to highlight knowledge gaps regarding collaboration between the two sectors;
- To identify and discuss bottlenecks/obstacles to collaboration at different levels and to propose solutions for resolving them; and
- To identify key recommendations and action points for actors at different levels, towards more systematic collaboration across the two sectors.
To hear from the experience of our colleagues on integrated approaches, a call for abstract was issued. Over 60 abstracts were received. The Alliance and the Inter-Agency Network of Education in Emergencies (INEE) selected the panel of presenters for this year’s roundtable. Presentation topics include enhancing the safety of educational facilities in emergencies, integrating sport and play into schools to increase protection outcomes, and identifying programming elements that support successful integration.
For more information, click here for the roundtable booklet, abstract summaries and welcome package.
For more news and resources related to the 2018 Alliance-INEE Roundtable, click here.