Plan International and UNICEF
1. Purpose of the CAAFAG Task Force
The overall goal of the CAAFAG Task Force is to coordinate and collaborate amongst humanitarian responders and development actors and to provide technical support and capacity building to field practitioners to strengthen quality programming in emergencies and protracted crisis that prevents recruitment, facilitates release and responds to the needs of children associated with armed forces or armed groups.
2. Key priorities
- Increase field practitioner access to and use of inter-agency guidance and tools to prevent and respond to child recruitment in armed forces and armed groups.
- Enhance the knowledge, skills and behaviour of humanitarian and development responders to prevent and respond to child recruitment into armed forces and armed groups.
- Share evidence, research, good practices and lessons learned that contribute to a better understanding of CAAFAG issues and effective response.
- Facilitate linkages between the CAAFAG TF and the other global platforms and initiatives, including but not limited to Paris Principles Steering Group and other Task Forces and Working Groups under the Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
3. Key Tools and Resources
- Optional protocol to the Convention on the rights of the child on the involvement of children in armed conflict (May 2000)
- Paris Commitments and Paris Principles and Guidelines on Children Associated with Armed Forces or Armed Groups (February 2007)
- Technical Note on Girls Associated with Armed Forces and Armed Groups (Dec 2020)
- Report | Capacity Needs and Gaps Analysis: CAAFAG Programming
- Children Affected by Armed Forces and Armed Groups Learning Module (Available in Arabic, English, Spanish and French)
- Intervention Curriculum | Growing Strong Together: A Parenting Intervention in Armed Conflict Settings
- Resource Package | Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in CAAFAG Programmes
- CAAFAG Programme Development Toolkit: Training Guide and Guidelines (Availabile in English, French and Spanish)
- Operational Gudiance | Negotitating and Implementing Handover Protocols for the Transfer of CAAFAG
- CAAFAG Community of Practice
4. Task Force Organising Members
- Plan International
- War Child UK
- War Child Holland
- Terre des Hommes
- Save the Children
- USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance
- Dallaire Institute
- World Vision International
- Learning and Development Working Group
- Independent consultants
5. Contact Details