Buds of Christ exists to empower children from the most disadvantaged communities, with a focus among children and girls who have lost their parent/s and is living in disadvantaged circumstances of poverty, caste discriminated communities and HIV & AIDS. We recognize that children without the care of parents or guardian are often vulnerable to various forms of abuses and exploitation. We strive to empower these children to reduce their vulnerability and help them grow up to be capable adults in this world.
Buds of Christ's key objectives are;
- To provide health and educational support services for HIV/AIDS affected children and youth in rural communities
- To protect orphans and vulnerable children particularly adolescent girls from all forms of abuses and exploitations
- To work towards social security and protection of children rights in education, health, community, domestic and legal spheres
- To develop peer leaders among orphaned adolescents and young people
- To network with various government and non-governmental organisations in upholding the rights of children and encourage children participation at all levels