The goal of the L&D Working Group, co-led by UNHCR and TdH, is to bridge the human resource gap for child protection in humanitarian action. The group builds capacity of humanitarian workers and plays an important role in capacity needs analysis.
1. Purpose of the Learning & Development Working Group
To coordinate efforts to build capacity and to support capacity needs analyses that contribute to understanding and mapping learning and development in the global child protection in emergencies sector and thereby planning for the future.
2. Key Priorities
- Increase learning and development opportunities for CPiE actors at global, regional and national levels.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of high-quality learning material and support to CPiE actors at all levels and across stages of emergencies.
- Support CPiE professional, interagency developments and opportunities that correspond with up-to-date capacity gaps and needs.
3. Key Tools and Resources
- Training packages
- Capacity needs analyses
4. Working Group Member Organisations
- Bioforce Institute
- Child Frontiers
- Child Safe
- Columbia University
- Kings College London
- Plan International
- Save the Children
- War Child
- The Watchlist
5. Contact Details
- L&D WG: firstname.lastname@example.org