Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in more than 45 countries each year. At Terre des hommes, our goal is to steadily improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children worldwide.
We are focused on five main objectives:
- Improving the health of infants up to the age of 3 and of children in need of specialised medical care
- Protecting migrant children
- Preventing child exploitation
- Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law
- Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis
Our programmes and projects revolve around:
- Children’s rights and their best interests
- Creating a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities
- Establishing close cooperation with local bodies based on respect
- Constant improvement and innovation
- Enhancing heath and protection systems in the long term
- Gaining recognition in Switzerland as a reliable organisation and source of financing
Our core values are:
- Courage: We strive to make brave choices and to act with conviction and determination.
- Ambition: We aim to bring about positive, significant and lasting change in the lives of children and their communities.
- Respect: We favour an honest, responsible and open approach based on cooperation and acceptance of diversity.
- Commitment: We endeavour to act with humanity and professionalism with and around children, and to promote fairness and equality.