Following the successful launch of the 2019 Edition of the CPMS at the Alliance Annual meeting, we are moving ahead with plans for roll-outs in countries and regions around the world. Here’s what you can do right now to support the new edition of the CPMS:
- Learn What’s New! Visit the online interactive version, download the PDF, or consult the What’s New Package to learn about the major changes in the 2019 edition.
- Request Your CPMS Handbook. Printed copies of the CPMS handbooks are being distributed at the country level through national CP coordination mechanisms (e.g. Child Protection Working Groups, Child Protection Sub-Clusters, etc.). If you are a coordinator, please contact the CPMS WG directly to request copies. If you are working at the country level, please reach out to your coordinators to encourage them to submit an inter-agency request.
- Plan for roll-out within your own agency. Have you discussed with your colleagues how to roll out the 2019 CPMS within your agency? Consider sending out the cascade email announcing the 2019 Edition, having an internal webinar using the What’s New package, or planning for country-level actions. Now is the time to plan for 2020!
- Translations Coming Soon. Keep visiting the CPMS WG page on the Alliance website for updates. French, Spanish, and Arabic translations of the CPMS Handbook and related materials are all in process and should be available in February 2020. Printed copies will follow. We will also be updating the CPMS Roll-out Package, and new materials will be posted on the website.
- Join a webinar. CPMS Webinars on what’s new in the 2019 edition (including specific new standards) will be rolling out in early 2020. Look out for invitations coming soon.
Do you have more questions? Contact the CPMS Working Group at email@example.com.