Supervising the projects:
Supervise and launch projects implementation,
Help the various teams in negotiations with provincial/local authorities and partners,
Ensure global coordination and complementarity amongst projects and areas of intervention.
Assess activities and ensure efficient use of resources,
Ensure a proper financial monitoring system of the current projects,
Coordinate the proposal writing, budgeting and reporting tasks of the current projects,
Ensure Tdh visibility regarding these projects.
Staff management and security
Ensure that work environment is adequate,
Provide support to coordinators and staff directly under his/her responsibility in terms of HR management and follow up,
Ensure coordination in between teams (intra programme, intra support and between support and programme) is maximal, including through regular meetings and relevant information sharing,
Ensure staff care for all staff,
Analyse security situation and take appropriate measures to ensure the safety and security of all staffers.
Participate in official meetings to ensure maximum visibility vis-à-vis national authorities,
Establish and update contact details of Donors in country,
Participate in Donor meetings and communicate relevant information to HQ,
Participate in inter-NGO Coordination meetings and those of UN Agencies and any other relevant inter-governmental institution,
Ensure maximum visibility of Tdh amongst the NGO community,
Lead the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
Analysing and developing a global intervention strategy and support its implementation:
To analyse the national and regional context and draw up strategic guidelines for the Tdh response in Bangladesh,
Ensure that Tdh is aware of funding opportunities and strategies of major stakeholders and well positioned to acquire funding,
Lead fund-raising and negotiations with donors and develop an external donors’ relation strategy,
Coordinate needs assessments and reports and draft proposals to donors, including budget,
Lead the implementation of Tdh response in the country.
Education: Master or experience considered as equivalent
Language: Excellent oral and written skills in English. Bangla and French an asset
Experiences and aptitudes:
- At least 5 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation)**
- Management experience and strong team leadership qualities**
- Successful track record of developing development and humanitarian strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (EC, DFID, USAID, ECHO; UN; etc.)
- Experience of developing strategic partnerships
- Experience of long-term recovery following emergencies
- Experience of working in potentially unstable areas of intervention
- Experience of leading teams through processes of change
- Experience in areas of Tdh’s core activities an asset, particularly child labour, migration, and mother and new born child health (perinatal health and nutrition)
- Strong knowledge of MEAL systems
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills)
- Experience of working in Bangladesh or South Asia an asset
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Management of time and priorities, meets deadlines
- A commitment to excellence, attention to detail and ability to synthesize the information
- Capacity to adapt your communication to the intercultural environment
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 4 100 CHF (~3 400 €) < > 5 300 CHF (~4 400€) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure, raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JmcFoHMx?idpartenaire=20007 Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418