Organization: Islamic Relief
Closing date: 28 Mar 2019
Islamic Relief is implementing Orphan Support programme for over two decades in Bangladesh. The programme aims to promote community based alternate care model for vulnerable orphan children by providing regular financial as well as social support to orphan children. Over the years many more component has been added in the programme and alternative livelihoods model has been implemented which focus on strengthening family capacity. The programme is at a very important juncture and requires leadership to take it to another level by proactively engaging at national and international child rights discourse, showcase IR strong community-based alternative care model and influencing the policies around Child Care in the country. Under the current restructuring process and also considering the dominant discourses around children issues, the department name has been changed to Child Rights.
Programme Development and Management (40%)
• Provide overall leadership to the child rights department through developing strong programme profile
• Manage One to One Orphan sponsorship programme and ensure the activities are implemented as per the agreed action plan.
• Develop short term and long- term action plan for the department and ensure its smooth implementation
• Undertake regular field visits and monitor the programme activities
• Facilitate in developing strong programme portfolio through innovations and learning.
• Develop high-quality proposals on child rights issues and submit to the donor for funding
• Identify funding opportunities and cultivate the relationship with the donors both in-country and outsides
• Implement a Child Rights Programming approach in all the programme being implemented under the department
• Provide technical support to the programme team in the area of child rights programming, child protection, and other related areas.
• Overseas and manage the development, research and learning agenda and socialization of CR programming approaches, to ensure that IRBs CR work reflects our best understanding of how to address identified problems facing children in multiple contexts and countries
• Work closely will the IRB global orphan support programme team at HQ and ensure that policies / guidelines related to orphan sponsorship programme are implemented effectively.
• Ensure timely reports are collected from the field and submitted to the donor through online systems.
• Ensure donor queries are addressed in a timely manner
Network and Advocacy (20%)
• Pro-actively engage with national and regional child rights forums and influence their agenda
• Represent Islamic Relief at national level child rights forum and showcase IR work
• Engage with national level child rights networks, UN bodies, International INGOs and contribute in UNCRC reporting process, Universal Periodic Review process and another human rights-based reporting mechanism
• Pro-actively engage with relevant government department and ministries and present IR work and draw leverage.
• Pro-actively identify advocacy opportunities, case studies and research opportunities which link with wider organizational strategic objectives.
• Collaborate closely with IRBs Head of Program and External Relation & Communication Unit, for driving key advocacy messages related to child protection needs and rights in Bangladesh.
• Take part in shaping Child Protection/CR communications and media priorities in line with thematic priorities.
Capacity Building and Technical Support (10%)
• Develop technical guidance, position papers, and resource materials on CR programming and policy.
• Roll out Global IRB child protection policy across the organization through conducting training sessions
• Provide technical support to different programme department on child protection issues.
CR in Humanitarian Responses (5%)
• Build the profile and programming of CR within the humanitarian practice, particularly with respect to supporting humanitarian programming and advocacy to priorities accountability to affected populations through stronger consultation with children and partners in humanitarian responses (in line with Grand Bargain and core humanitarian standards commitments).
Knowledge Management (10%):
• Supported by the PQ team, collect and disseminate IRBs programme experience and learning in Child Rights.
• In close collaboration with the Head of Program, ensure strong linkage between knowledge management and the learning and evidence agenda.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (15%):
• Ensure that projects are monitored regularly, to ensure field teams are adequately supported. Monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve programs.
• Ensure that appropriate, timely and accurate data collection against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
• With support from the PQ&C team put in place monitoring and evaluation plan and tools with both quantitative and qualitative indicators for child rights, ensuring this links to reporting requirements.
• Consider integration in the program the different thematic programs and approaches including Child Rights Programming, Theory of Change, DRR, gender, inclusion, diversity/non-discrimination, children as stakeholders, impact assessment, and organizational learning.
• Ensure that child protection interventions are informed by and integrated with other core sectors, including and ensuring that issues for child protection are raised and addressed.
• Being a member of Islamic Relief Bangladesh as a child-friendly organization, it is the core responsibility and obligation of each and every staff member to understand and obey IRB Child Protection Policy and respond accordingly as and when required.
How to apply:
If the candidates feel that their qualification, exposure and experience matches with our requirements, and they are willing to commit to our values and are sympathetic to our beliefs then please download Application Form from our official website (http://islamicrelief.org.bd/opportunity/fulltime/) and send the filled form to email@example.com on or before the closing date. Please mention only the "Position Name" as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.