Full time, Permanent, approx. EURO 27,000 per year (*inclusive of 13th month)
Lumos has a great opportunity for a dedicated Advocacy and Campaigns Assistant to support our EU Office in Brussels, Belgium.
Named after the light-giving spell in Harry Potter, Lumos is an international children’s organisation founded by J.K. Rowling in 2005. We have a bold mission: to have a world without institutions and orphanages by 2050. Research shows the dramatic harm that institutional care causes to children and the proven benefits of the alternatives: community and family care. Lumos tackles the root causes of family separation – poverty, trafficking and discrimination – and transforms care systems around the world. We speak up on behalf of children trapped in institutions and reunite them with their families. And we change education, health and social care systems so every child can thrive.
As part of the Lumos EU Advocacy Team, this role supports Lumos’ EU Office and Influencing Unit advocacy and campaigns outreach.
Main responsibilities: -
- Support implementation of Lumos’ Influencing Unit strategy and activities.
- Conduct event coordination, including event preparation, guestlist management, logistics and promotion.
- Support social media and general communications as necessary
- Proofread, edit and format correspondence and other documents in English.
- Assist in building contacts with and outreach towards relevant stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support and diary management to the Lumos Brussels office.
Required skills and experience: -
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to children’s rights.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience or knowledge in relevant field.
- Experience of managing team meetings and calendars.
- Experience of working internationally across cultures.
- Knowledge of other European languages (particularly French and Spanish) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an international NGO would be an advantage.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Enhanced maternity/parental leave
- Dynamic, interesting environment
- Meal Vouchers
If you are committed to protecting and empowering the world’s most vulnerable children, join us.
Closing Date: 7th August (00:00 BST)
For more information please see the job description, available on our website via the apply link below.
Lumos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records checks where legally permitted.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the following link: https://jobs.wearelumos.org/vacancies/680/eu_advocacy_and_campaigns_assistant///