To provide effective leadership in the Child Protection Area Of Responsibility (AoR), the incumbent will ensure child protection coordination mechanisms in Ethiopia, provide guidance to all partners on common standards, strategies and approaches, ensure that all critical child protection gaps and vulnerabilities are identified; and that information is provided on roles, responsibilities and accountability to ensure that all gaps are addressed without duplication.
- Leading and managing Child Protection AoR at national and sub-national level;
- Facilitating development of a Child Protection AoR Strategy and Response Plan;
- Supporting the application of appropiate technical standards;
- Engaging in information management and reporting;
- Building technical capacity;
- Advocating and ensuring mobilization of adequate resources, and
- Representing the CP AoR in meetings and on teams.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=518756.