The Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist role will be to support the technical coordination and implementation of the GFFO funded protection intervention (50%) under the new Lake Chad Programme Strategy in close collaboration with the three concerned Plan International country offices (COs), the Lake Chad Programme Unit and the Regional GFFO Project Manager.
Furthermore, the Specialist will focus with 50% of her/his time on the provision of technical assistance to the CPiE teams in Diffa (Niger), Far North Region (Cameroon) and Northeast Nigeria to a) ensure that CPiE interventions are aligned with the Child Protection Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Action and other existing global guidelines and tools for CPiE and to create synergies between our CPiE and GBV programming and b) to ensure that our CPiE interventions are linked in to longer term programming.
- Demonstrable experience of organizational representation and engagement with humanitarian donors.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to guide local and international staff.
- Ability to work with disaster-affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Ability to operate effectively under a stressful working environment.
- Well-organized, even within a fluid working environment, with a capacity for initiative, decision making, and competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- General knowledge and understanding of CPIE and GBViE minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE, Red Cross/NGO Code of Conduct and other relevant international standards for humanitarian response. General CPiE, GBViE and TVET/IGA related experience is considered as an advantage.
- Experience in conducting CP assessments in emergency contexts.
- Experience in training/mentoring on CP technical areas with a variety of audiences.
- Previous work experience in the Lake Chad region (desirable) & emergency context (mandatory).
- Fluency in French and English (business level mandatory).
For more information or to apply, see attached TOR.