This temporary position is located in the Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division (FOTCD) in the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) based in Beirut
Under the overall supervision of the Coordinator of Group of Eminent Experts on Yemen, the incumbent will serve as Human Rights Investigator, Child Rights Expert.
- Conducts information gathering activities;
- Assists in the identification of protection needs of children, including gender-specific needs, with special attention to issues of children associated with armed groups, incidents of killing and maiming of children, attacks against schools and hospitals affecting children and recruitment of children;
- Makes use of information management tools developed by OHCHR;
- Acts as advisor to all team members on child protection issues, including on gender-specific implications;
- Identifies alleged perpetrators based on agreed information gathering methods;
- Contributes to the final report of the Eminent Experts, and drafts additional analytical documents;
- Participates in and organizes missions to Yemen and to other relevant countries as required;
- Ensures that all measures are taken for the protection of victims and witnesses who will cooperate with the Eminent Experts; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=105726.