This consultancy will support strengthening and systemizing UNICEF’s efforts to protect education from attack and military occupation through:
- Documenting current UNICEF efforts to protect education through coordination and programming (building on previous Global Education Cluster products).
- Effective response requires more data analysis on crisis typologies and efficacy of interventions, drawing on learning from other humanitarian practices and programming (polio campaigns, etc.).
- Analyzing data on access, safety, learning outcomes, differentiated gender impacts, and teacher/school personnel/community engagement, contributing to global trend analyses.
- Reviewing and assessing monitoring guidance, particularly in situations with active Monitoring and Reporting Mechanisms (MRM), and provide recommendations for inclusion in the Education Sector Analysis guidelines new chapter on risk under finalization.
- Developing partnership and resource mobilization approaches for advancing identified priorities.
Measurable outcomes expected include development of user-friendly tools to support UNICEF programming to protect education from attack and military occupation and contribution to evidence building and advocacy on protecting children and education from attack.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=517126.