Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 11 May 2019
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The assignment will adopt a participatory approach in implementation to support GoE and UNICEF workplans with respect to FGM abandonment. The consultant will be based in Cairo, with frequent missions to the field. The consultant's work will be guided by ongoing FGM programmes and will be working under the direct supervision of Child Protection Officer and overall guidance of Child Protection Specialist in UNICEF Egypt.
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
Assignment is expected to be implemented in 230 days as follows:
ESTIMATED DURATION TO COMPLETE
Report on FGM and Harmful Practices Regional/International Consultation meeting(s) support.
Follow-up with partners at the governorate and/or district level maintained and progress monitored.
Report on development and dissemination of awareness materials.
Agenda, concept note and reports on FGM medicalization related interventions progress submitted.
Regular follow-up with NGO partners conducted and monthly reports on progress of implementation as per the signed agreements and AWP provided.
Training plan and reports on
adolescent initiatives related to harmful practices submitted.(Egypt Youth Initiative, Meshwary, Y-PEER, etc..).
A plan for mainstreaming FGM into the ongoing programme on child protection system drafted , implemented and regularly updated.
Timely and appropriate documentation of inputs on FGM on work by the section and other UNICEF sections maintained. Monthly One pager brief submitted.
- Support regional/international FGM and harmful practices technical consultation meetings as per guidance of UNICEF CP team.
- Act as a resource person during FGM medicalization workshops. Coordinate FGM medicalization related interventions at the governorate/district level, provide reports on progress and ensure technical inputs are well reflected.
- Work with the local NGOs on supervising the implementation of FGM abandonment activities in the field, in cooperation with UNICEF FGM Officer. Ensure implementation is according to the signed work plan and following the agreed-on indicators and targets.
- Maintain liaison with partners at the governorate and/or district level, communicate opportunities and challenges to UNICEF team for potential linkages to child protection systems strengthening and girls empowerment initiative. monitor progress, and support identification of.
- Draft internal reports in relation to the FGM abandonment programme including documentation of the on the ground interventions and preparing presentations.
- Support the update/production/ dissemination of harmful practices (FGM-Child Marriage) knowledge products.
- Supervise and support adolescent initiatives related to harmful practices trainings in the field (Egypt Youth Initiative, Meshwary, Y-PEER, etc..). Quality reporting/ review to be provided.
- Work with UNICEF Child Protection in the realization of the agreed outputs and indicators of the JP for 2019-2020.
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in social sciences/ arts or any related field.
- Three-year professional work experience in project administration, including data collection and analysis preferably in child protection, adolescence programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Previous experience on working on adolescence development related issues, FGM abandonment or/and child rights.
- Well acquainted and experience with the Egyptian national system engaged in child protection and adolescence programming.
- Previous experience in working in a developmental international organization.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
Travel to needed destinations and attending office meeting when required.
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
-Fee for services to be provided based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=521871