- Provide technical support to Plan International’s country offices in the field of Child Protection in Emergencies, to assess, design, implement, monitor and evaluate child protection programs
- Provide Child Protection technical support to Plan International Germany team members and strengthen Child Protection in Emergencies expertise in the department
- Promote the application of best Child Protection in Emergencies program practices and ensure that interventions are aligned with the Child Protection Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Action
- Strategic development of the project portfolio in the area of Child Protection in Emergencies
- Active collaboration in the Plan International network of child protection experts, support of joint pilot projects, impact studies, etc.
- Development of Child Protection in Emergencies programming guidelines and tools in line with Plan International Germany programme priorities
- Promote organisational learning on Child Protection in Emergencies through collecting and publishing case studies and reports on good practices, lessons learned, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant external Child Protection in Emergencies global networks
- Completed studies in a relevant subject (e.g. psychology, pedagogy, child rights, social work etc.), or comparable training
- At least three to five years professional experience in the field of child protection and international cooperation
- At least two years of relevant international experience required
- Good knowledge and experience with national and international donors’ priorities and guidelines is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to Plan International’s country offices to provdie technical support to respond to specific humanitarian crises
- Experience of capacity building on child protection technical areas with a variety of audiences
- Good knowledge of and experience in Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
- Experience in program design and proposal development and ability to secure funding from public and private funding streams is an advantage
- Very good written and spoken knowledge of German and English, knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset
- Distinct organisational talent and structured, self-reliant and goal-oriented working style
- Team player, flexible and solution-oriented
What we offer:
- A modern workplace
- Great work-life balance including flexible working hours
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- An international and intercultural working environment
How to apply:
Please share your resume/ CV and motivational letter by no later than 27 October 2019 online.