WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. The Regional Office in Budapest has been operating since 2006.
Terre des hommes Lausanne, Hungary is looking for a Project Coordinator to lead the project “FOCUS – Working Together for a Child-Centered Justice”. The project’s main objective is to ensure that children in contact with the law, as victims and offenders, receive individualised care and have access to personalised support and responses, by promoting the implementation of robust and multidisciplinary individual assessment practices, including through restorative justice processes. The project seeks in particular to:
Build the knowledge of youth justice professionals, about standards and practices in the use of multi-disciplinary individual assessment with children
Build the capacities and skills of youth justice professionals, about tools, procedures and process for a robust individual assessment with children
Make systematic individual assessment practices of more common application with children involved in criminal proceedings
Build the knowledge and capacities of children about their rights in the criminal justice system and empower them to be advocates and rights defenders themselves
Improve the inclusiveness and sensitiveness of youth justice professionals towards diversity in the application of a robust individual assessment with children
Improve the attitudes of professionals and policy makers towards a child-centred approach in criminal proceedings
The regional project FOCUS is co-funded by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union. It has a duration of 24 months and is implemented in partnership with Defence for Children Netherlands, Child Circle Belgium, Child Rights Centre Serbia, Terre des Hommes Hellas and Terre des hommes Romania.
- Lead and oversee project implementation
- Responsible for project coordination
- Financial oversight on the regional project budgets
- Liaising with partners and contractors
- Leading the Monitoring & Evaluation process, in collaboration with the M&E Officer
- Ensuring all communication process in the project, internally and externally
- Responsible for implementation of Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy by Tdh and partners as well
- Supervising the development of the research methodologies and quality oversight of the deliverables
- Ensuring meaningful participation of children in a safe and conductive environment
- Responsible for carrying out regular monitoring review with partners
- Maintaining close communication with donor
- Collecting financial reports from partners and responsible for drafting annual and final report for the project
- Relevant university degree in Law from an accredited educational institution
- 3+ years of the experience in designing and conducting projects in the area of Justice for children
- Proven experience in successfully managing regional and/or multi-country projects with a level of complexity
- Experience or sound understanding of child participation processes
- Experience in Criminal Justice, Child Protection, Social Protection and/or development aid would be a plus
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organisations; experience in INGOs or in social enterprises would be a distinct asset
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated, with skills to support and advise others
- Ability to learn from difficult experiences, capitalize on mistakes and seize opportunities
- Experience in contributing to projects with team members located in several countries
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Capacity for rigor and precision, transparency and honesty
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability
Start date 6 January 2020
Contract One year initially, full-time employment contract, renewable
Location Regional office in Budapest, Hungary
Salary range Tdh 2018 Salary Scale – Ranging from HUF 646'888 to 700'796, paid in local currency Hungarian Forint
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com. Please include “**FOCUS Project Coordinator, your name and surname**” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement and your salary expectations. Applications without this information will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
The compensation for this position will follow Tdh 2018 Salary Scale, based on relevant qualifications and years of experience.
Child Safeguarding Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Gender & Diversity Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Gender & Diversity Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.