To implement the new Lake Chad Strategy and in particular the humanitarian targets under the Specific Programme Objective for Protection, Plan International is seeking a Child Protection in Emergency Specialist to work on behalf of the German Foreign Federal Office (GFFO) who are funding Plan to “Improve the protection of girls and boys from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation in the Lake Chad region.”
Providing technical assistance to country-based CPIE teams in the field, with a big focus on coaching on the ground and technical supervision.
Supporting the mobile protection programming (including development of guidelines and tools, project and lessons learnt evaluation etc.)
Leading on rapid child protection needs assessments coordinating with Plan’s other programmatic areas and country-based Child protection Working Groups.
Developing capacity building plans and providing training, coaching and mentorship on CPIE to country program staff and partners.
- Significant experience in child protection and Gender Based Violence programming in the humanitarian sector and solid knowledge and practical experience in community based child protection approaches, case management, psychosocial support, gender based violence and child participation methodologies.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with the proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors, building relationships and fostering interagency coordination will be vital to the success of this role.
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles, established international CPiE and GBViE minimum standards, Core Humanitarian standards, SPHERE, Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct, and other relevant international standards for humanitarian response. General CPiE, GBViE and TVET/IGA related experience is considered as an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience with participatory approaches to protection, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area. Experience in the country of potential assignment is an asset.
- University degree, Social Sciences, or related field with good knowledge of International Refugee, Human Rights and Humanitarian Law.
- Fluency in French and English (Business level mandatory).
For more information or to apply, visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Niamey-Child-Protection-in-Emergencies-Specialist-2/507772101/?locale=en_GB.