AAN Associates is looking for Senior Evaluation/Child Right/Protection and Psychosocial Support Expert in Libya for an evaluation of Resilience Building Programme for Vulnerable Children in Libya.
The purpose of the evaluation is to learn lessons from the implementation of Solidarity approach.
Time frame: May 2017 until end of September 2019
Provinces: Greater Tripoli, Misrata, Sabha and Sebratha
- To better understand the achievement of the project results for girls and boys.
- To assess the extent to which client was able to respond to evolving needs of vulnerable children as a result of the shifting context, suite to the eruption of armed conflict in April 2019, and to identity best practice and lessons learned.
- To assess the degree to which the institutions and structures supported by this project require additional support from client during the next programme phase to continue to provide essential support to children.
The evaluator(s) should have the following qualifications:
- Should have Master’s degrees in Sociology, Anthropology, Social Sciences, statistics or a related field
- Should have previously led at least 5 evaluations, preferably in a UN context. Provision of sample work is required;
- Experience in the use of participatory appraisal techniques in data collection, sensitive to gender issues and fully cognizant of child protection principles for data collection with children;
- Familiarity with the socio-cultural context of North African/Middle East and the cultural, political and religious sensitivities relevant to migration;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Arabic (Reference and production of sample work required), preferably be a native Arabic speaker with sufficient experience in conducting focus group discussions in all settings;
- Significant professional experience working with Arabic speaking communities in North Africa and the Middle East;
- Solid background knowledge about working in emergencies, especially related to child protection and education;
- Expertise in results and human rights-based project management.
How to apply:
The interested Consultants must send their short profiles and updated CVs at email@example.com till November 10, 2019 by mentioning “Evaluation/Child Right/Protection and Psychosocial Support Expert - Libya” in subject line.