Plan International is an international child and youth development organization dedicated to promote the realization of children and young people’s rights, especially girl’s rights, in both development and humanitarian settings. Plan International in Myanmar is supporting a broad spectrum of initiatives designed to support integrated child development and youth empowerment outcomes that are strategically aligned with the national government’s priorities. Sectors of focus include: Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Nutrition (MNCHN), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Child Protection, Adolescent Development, Youth Economic Empowerment, Youth-Led Peace Building and Social Cohesion, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), and Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) Prevention among young people.
Plan International Myanmar is seeking a national CPiE Specialist to support Plan’s country office coordination of ongoing CPiE responses in Kachin and Rakhine States, Myanmar. Plan Myanmar has been implementing CPiE programmes across different townships in Kachin and Rakhine State since 2013. The CPiE Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support to ongoing Child Protection in Emergencies projects and for a mainstreaming of child protection in other sector projects (WASH, Education, Nutrition, DRR). The overall objective of this role is to ensure that emergency response projects implemented by Plan International and its partners are well coordinated and backstopped at the country office level and in line with international standards. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the support of CPiE project cycle management, as well as support to quality implementation of CPiE interventions including child protection case management, psychosocial support services, capacity building of Plan and partner staff in the areas of case management and community based child protection, and technical support to mainstreaming of child and youth protection.
Specific tasks will include:
- Under the guidance of line manager, development of periodic CPiE updates from each intervention area.
- Adaptation, development and implementation of program planning and monitoring tools in collaboration with programme and M&E staff for ongoing CPiE projects.
- Knowledge management and documentation, and analysis of M&E data and lessons learned related to CPiE programming.
- Under the guidance of line manager and senior CPiE Specialists, supporting the development of CPiE capacity building strategy for each intervention area.
- Contribution to capacity building of Plan and partner staff in each target location on Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action including Case Management, psychosocial interventions, child friendly spaces and community level child protection work as requested .
- Support to donor reporting
- Support of strategy development for CPiE interventions
- Support in preparation of donor proposals for CPiE interventions including budget development
- Child and youth protection mainstreaming in other sectors via monitoring of activities, provision of basic training on child & youth protection and development for staff.
The outlined responsibilities are based on the current project portfolio, however specific responsibilities may evolve over time and flexibility from the candidate may be required. The CPiE Specialist will report to the Emergency Response Manager based in Yangon. This is full time position based in Yangon with significant time spent in the field and regular travel to Kachin and Rakhine.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3 years of experience in Child Protection in Emergencies or related area of work
- 3 years of experience in planning, implementing and evaluating projects at the field level preferably in conflict settings
- Experience in or demonstrated strong motivation for building the capacity of project staff on child protection in emergencies
- Understanding of international humanitarian standards and Child Protection Minimum Standards
- Knowledge of the Do No Harm and conflict sensitivity approaches.
- Excellent analytical and strategic planning skills, writing skills as well as strong and effective communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel to remote areas and spend time in the field
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural setting with sensitivity to the local context
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a cover letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least two referees via e-mail only to: Myanmar.CO@plan-international.org.
Subject line for application: “Application for CPiE Specialist”.
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Plan International is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Plan International Myanmar is an equal opportunity employer committed to the well-being of children together with Gender Equality and does not tolerate child abuse and sexual harassment. All Plan International Myanmar Staffs are required to sign and adhere with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy at all times.