The Community Development Officer will work with the team in the implementation of a program on Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (OSEC). This project focuses on protecting children from online sexual exploitation through an effective child protection system. Specifically, the project seeks to increase awareness on and improve the quality of governance to respond to child protection and OSEC cases.
The post will be responsible for leading the community mobilization in the areas covered by the project. The post holder will serve as a community organizer and mobilizer, and will be responsible for facilitating activities in the communities including planning, monitoring and evaluation of program/project interventions. He/ she will facilitate and strategize to effectively and efficiently implement planned activities and initiate onsite interaction with targeted communities and project partners.
- University degree in the social sciences or communications;
- At least two years of work experience in program administration or other related fields; work experience in the development setting (NGO) is a plus;
- Strong respect for confidentiality;
- Ability to work on own initiative to build on and develop the job, combined with the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, a must;
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives and deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organisation, very often at a distance;
- Highly organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work;
- Ability to keep track of the quality and status of own or others’ work;
- Proven attention for detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information Proven experience of using MS office application (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Strong customer servicing skills;
- Experience of problem solving;
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
The job holder should develop a strong understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and should be committed to its principles and objectives. He/she should be willing to adopt the Save the Children methodology and framework in program implementation; and abide by and implement Save the Children’s Policies including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Fixed Term position until December 31, 2020 based in NCR and Mindanao Project Sites.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday;
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply: