Reports to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigations
Direct Reports: N/A
Liaises with: Key management staff at Head Office level and key overseas field personnel.
Job location: Dublin with frequent travel.
Pay Band: 5 €45,479 - €50,830
Contract: 2 years
The primary purpose of this position is to:
Manage investigations into allegations of behaviour that are contrary to Concern’s Code of Conduct in an efficient and effective manner;
Contribute to the ongoing development of the organisation’s capacity to appropriately investigate and manage such incidents.
The role will focus mainly on alleged sexual misconduct, which includes sexual assault, sexual exploitation and sexual harassment in all of their forms, involving employees, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation to complete Risk Assessments on all allegations related to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment referred for investigation;
- Manage part of the team that investigates these incidents in accordance with Concern’s policies and procedures;
Working with the Investigation manager, prepare reports on the investigations detailing activities undertaken and conclusions reached;
Maintain an accurate record of investigation details and outcomes, ensuring that issues of confidentiality and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are met;
Ensure that all records are kept confidential and handled in compliance with all related policies and procedures;
Collect and compile data for internal and external reporting and inquiries, this includes responding to relevant questions in various donor due diligence assessments;
Engage in the periodic review of investigations and incidents to identify, recommend, and implement operational improvements to streamline internal processes and improve the conduct of investigations;
Lead the ongoing development of Concern’s investigation guidelines and protocols;
Develop and deliver training in relation to investigations and safeguarding more generally as may be appropriate;
Accept, advance and pursue any new objectives or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation;
Ensure that the organisation’s values and policy commitments, including accountability and equality, are reflected in assigned responsibilities.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 5 years’ post qualification experience in a busy department with significant exposure to safeguarding issues;
- Experience investigating sexual misconduct, child sexual abuse or sexual harassment;
- Refined judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information;
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills demonstrated by the ability to analyse information and facilitate resolution of difficult challenges, including the ability to handle issues of complex and sensitivity;
- Demonstrated ability to write concise, logical and analytical reports to convey complex issues;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Willingness to travel to overseas fields;
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment and interest in Concern’s vision and mission
- Experience working in overseas/multi-cultural environments
Previous experience in non-governmental organizations
Fluency in French or Arabic
This role may involve routine or sustained interaction with vulnerable adults or children, as a result it is considered to require special safeguarding procedures at time of recruitment/appointment.
How to apply:
To apply: CVs should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net