Organization: World Vision
Closing date: 15 Apr 2019
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Protection & Education Manager, WV Somalia, you will provide management leadership and guidance to successfully support World Vision’s efforts to promote Child Protection and Education programs in Puntland State of Somalia. You will provide overall leadership and management (planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation) of all Child protection and Education projects in Puntland. You will provide technical, administrative, financial and human resource management oversight in accordance with World Vision (WV) policies. You will ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project including ensuring visibility and effective communication with all key stakeholders. You shall fully comply with safety and security procedures, child safe organisation policies of WVI and program / humanitarian accountability practices and ensure partners adhere to these and be accountable for it. You will also help facilitate the integration of the project with the WV and Government’s longer-term development programming on child protection and Education in Puntland.
- Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education as a first degree
- Experience in blending development in aspects of gender, education and child protection in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in a complex humanitarian context.
- Extensive knowledge of development issues and understanding of the Child Protection and gender issues.
- Should demonstrate working experience in designing, planning, implementation and reporting on integrated development within education
- Experience in writing proposals, project documentation, reporting, program information for donors and the World Vision partnership.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 APR 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.