Organization: ECPAT International
Closing date: 31 Jan 2020
Position: Network Development Support Intern
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Duration: 6 months
Start date: April 2020
Overall Purpose of the Internship
The ECPAT International internship programme is designed to provide an opportunity to the eligible candidates to contribute to and learn about child protection issues, particularly children’s rights to live free of sexual exploitation (SEC). Interns are eligible to participate in the ECPAT International Secretariat activities, while expected to carry out the duties assigned to them under the responsibility of the designated manager.
ECPAT International is the Secretariat office of the global ECPAT Network, with 113 independent member organisations in 98 countries. The Network Development department of the Secretariat is responsible for strengthening the network, capacity building of member organisations and for the coordination of regional action, advocacy and cooperation. Four regional coordinators (for Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, South Asia, East and Southeast Asia) support this process while based in their respective region.
Overall support to the Deputy Executive Director /Network Development and External Relations to implement programme and advocacy related work against SEC.
In the absence of a Regional Coordinator for Latin America, support regular communication with and amongst ECPAT network members in the region.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assist in collecting news from the membership and help process them into compelling, newsworthy and engaging communications content.
- Updating the information in ECPAT’s membership database and updating of the website and intranet.
- Support in the screening process and documenting of membership applications and assist preparations for related Board and Committee processes.
- Assist with the organization of meetings, workshops, capacity building events and project activities.
- Support in the preparation of internal and donor reports
- Support in the organisation of team meetings, note taking and follow-ups.
- Conduct background research and compile information for briefing papers, technical papers, concept notes.
- Prepare (PowerPoint) presentations, handouts, briefing notes etc. for representation, member visits and travel missions
- Provide other administrative and network development support as needed.
Master’s degree in international relations, human rights or other social sciences
Business level English and Spanish language are critical for this role. Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus. Applications will be assessed against this requirement and qualifications will be tested during interviews.
Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise formats.
Good coordination skills.
Good knowledge of computer applications including website updates etc.
Able to work in multi-culture teams
Ability to work independently and under pressure
Knowledge of other languages is a plus
INTERNSHIP CONDITIONS A modest stipend of 15,000 Bath/month (around 490 USD) will be made available to the intern. All costs related to the internship, i.e., travel, passport, visa rental and living costs in Bangkok, are to be borne by the intern.
How to apply:
To apply, please e-mail your CV and cover letter, with your name and the position title in the subject line to email@example.com
For further information on internship programme, please visit**:** https://www.ecpat.org/about-ecpat/internship-programme/
Application deadline: 31 January 2020
ECPAT International is committed to keeping children safe. The selection process reflects our commitment to the safeguarding of children.