CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
I - Position Summary
The position will be based in Şanlıurfa and Managed by the Protection Outreach Offıcer, and working in collaboration with other members of the technical and outreach staff, the Field Supporter will be responsible for supporting Protectıon Outreach Team in implementing community activities per the Protection Outreach (PO) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in Şanlıurfa. The Protection Outreach Officer will be responsible for line management of Filed Supporter.
II - General Functions
- Reviewing project data
- Supporting the Team in Turkish Translating
- Do data entry for hard copies to databases
- Support Activities of the Information Protection Space (IPS)
- Support the preparations for each training session
- Regularly communicate with communities and other stakeholders regarding activities to ensure the smooth running of the project and compliance with contractual obligations
- Contribute to the high-quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
III - Responsibilities
1. Support the implementation of Protection Outreach SOP for the Community Participants in the IPS and in Community Sessions. (50%)
- Support the Protection Outreach Officer with adequate and accurate records of information by undertaking regular data entry work as required
- Support the Project Team in communication with the refugee and/or host community and other stakeholders
- Participate in the regular entry of electronic data relating to activities
- Support the Protection Outreach Team in Translation during communicating with Service providers and during the Participant visits to the Information Protection Space IPS
2. Planning, implementing and reporting on Basic Needs activities (40%)
- Assist the Protection Outreach Officer and Protection Outreach Coordinator to schedule and plan activities
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for activities are followed
- Ensure accountability procedures are followed
- Provide regular communication for the activities on a daily basis to Project Assistant, Project Officer, and Project Coordinator
- Support the Outreach Team in communication with the refugee, host community and other stakeholders
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required
3. Contribute to the high-quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response (10 %)
- Provide feedback from project’s participants and community leaders
- Ensure the complaints are received by CARE properly and beneficiaries are informed and report on this to Project Assistant and Project Officer
- Ensure that all program activities are implemented in accordance with agreed upon standard operating procedures and using agreed upon tools
- Ensure that feedback received from community members is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the communities
4. Any other relevant tasks required by the line manager
IV - Qualification and skills
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to work in the field
- The ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
V – Work conditions
Duty station: Şanlıurfa, with travel to field sites
Fieldwork: 80% (4 days/week)
Contract length: until 31 March 2020 with the possibility of extension, dependent on performance and Fund.
“Due to national quota regulations, this position is open to applications from Turkish citizens only”
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
How to apply:
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following the below link:
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.