Project Manager - Together for Inclusion (TOFI) - Gulu:
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Project Manager -TOFI. The Project Manager will be SCI principal representative/lead for the TOFI project and will work with Save the Children's field, regional and country offices, but will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the award. S/he will provide strategic technical and operational leadership for ensuring effective and efficient project implementation. S/he will manage all aspects of project planning and quality implementation, including providing technical expertise, project finance and budget compliance with donor rules and regulations, supervising staff tasks and performance, coordinating with partners, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting, building staff and partner capacity as required. The Project Manager will represent the organization in projected related external meetings and workshops when required.
In addition, the Project Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are adhered to during program implementation.
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree relevant to the child focused programming e.g. Inclusive Education Management, Teacher Training, International Child studies
- At least a Minimum of 5 years of Project management experience managing large education programs for an international NGO including working in the disability and inclusion subsector
- Experience managing high-quality donor funded project(s) e.g. NORAD, MFA etc.
- Experience working in a consortium and external representation including donors and education coordination meetings
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, design and delivery of Teacher Professional Development programs in inclusive education, including monitoring and evaluation
- Has a good understanding of education thematic subjects and demonstrated experience in working with the government and education authorities at all levels.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Inter-personal skills to influence and guide staff and partners in identifying programming opportunities and resolving program challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in capacity building approaches in their technical area (trainings, on the job support, mentoring) including the development of individual capacity building plans
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply:
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45MzQ1Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Application closes on 14th May 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.