Register via this Zoom link.
Click here for information on the webinar in French.
The Alliance has now produced a version 2 of the technical note on the protection of children during the COVID-19 pandemic. To unpack this new resource, the Alliance will host a webinar on 16 June 2019 at 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada). This live event will unpack this newly revised technical note, with the aim to support child protection practitioners and policy makers to put children’s safety and well-being at the centre of their COVID-19 pandemic response.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Children’s specific protection needs in the context of COVID-19 and the secondary risks that result from the public health prevention and control measures put in place by governments.
- The response and recovery options for those responding to CP issues in different sectors in line with the 2019 Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS) and the Guidance Note: Protection of Children During Infectious Disease Outbreaks.
- The other technical notes that compose the annexes of Version 2
- The recommended resources relevant to COVID-19 including education in emergencies; mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS); and child-friendly materials.
- The dedicated feedback form and a case study submission form.