The Alliance is working together with the Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) to encourage and support collaboration between the two sectors. The work is led by a Technical Focal Point who reports into both networks, with guidance from a multi-agency, cross-sector Advisory Group.
- Closer collaboration between CPHA & EiE Actors at all levels of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle and at every stage in a response.
- Improved wellbeing of children and youth affected by emergencies, crises and forced displacement.
- Convene a multi-agency cross-sector Advisory Group to oversee the work
- Develop a position paper on the complementarity of the two sectors
- Develop a user-friendly programming framework/toolkit for joint and integrated programming across CPHA & EiE
- Field-testing the framework/toolkit in diverse contexts and incorporate lessons learned into the material to refine and finalize for dissemination
- Develop joint training materials for CPHA & EiE to increase linkages between sectors
- Published the Weighing Up the Risks policy paper and blog, with accompanying webinars in English & French, that contributed to changing the discourse on COVID-19 School Closures.
- Completed a Desk Review and series of KII's which contributed to the development of the CPHA-EiE Position Paper.
- Finalised the Competency Framework Annex, which is integrated into the Alliance Competency Framework, and the re-launched INEE Competency Framework.
- Developed a joint Alliance-INEE E-Learning module on cross sector collaboration, based on CPMS Standard 23.
- Published a research-evidence piece on the impact of COVID-19 related school closures on education outcomes and child protection risks: No Education, No Protection: What school closures under COVID-19 mean for children and young people in crisis-affected contexts.
- Focused attention of actors from both sectors on how to conceptualise and implement joint and integrated programming.
- Agreed the core components of the CPHA-EiE Collaboration Framework for practitioners - due for release mid-2021.
Further resources can be found in the Child Protection in Humantarian Action and Education in Emregencies Initiative page.