The Community-Level Child Protection Task Force is sharing NEW resources for implementing community-level child protection programming, building on CP Standard 17 –Community-Level Approaches.
What are the new resources?
The Reflective Field Guide invites us:
- to reflect on the effectiveness of current work with communities
- to consider ways to reach higher levels of community engagement in humanitarian settings
The Reflective Field Guide includes:
- 6 Key Considerations to keep in mind when working with communities
- 11 Guidance Notes – “how to” guides to implementing effective community-level child protection programming
- Click here for English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
The capacity building package includes:
- Facilitator’s guide
- Pre and post tests
- Sample agendas
- Planning sheets
- Handouts to assist in the roll out of trainings
The package consists of two modules:
- Foundations of Promising Practice
- Enhancing our Capacities for Community Engagement
Community-Level Child Protection Online Learning Series
The Online Learning Series follows Nina, a girl who has been displaced from her home, while she adjusts to her new setting and interacts with Child Protection actors.
The 4-Part Video Series Covers:
- Introducing Standard 17: Community-level Approache
- Reflecting on Current Community-level Programming
- Community-level CP in Humanitarian Action: The Need for a Shift in Mindset
- The Reflective Field Guide: Community-level Approaches to CP in Humanitarian Action
The series is accompanied by a facilitators package, including a welcome note, PowerPoints, and feedback forms.
The Online Learning Series is available in English, French, and Arabic.
For more information…
Please feel free to reach out to the Community-Level Child Protection Task Force at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Leads: Michelle Van Akin, Plan International and Joy Cheung, World Vision International
Visit the CCP TF webpage to learn more about ongoing initiatives and new projects – including guidance on engaging with communities during COVID-19.
- 1521 views